Wednesday 29 June 2011

June 27, 2011

Hello again from Lacey!
It's pretty great here, and it hasn't really rained a whole lot like I was told it would. There is this thing though, that people call "The Washington Grey". Since it's usually overcast, everything is kind of shadowed in grey and doesn't have its full vibrant color. Apparently people get used to it, and are taken by surprise when the sun comes out and everything is bright and colorful.
My companions are still great, and we laugh and joke a lot. They are the zone leaders for the Lacey zone, so sometimes they do things I don't have to do, like reporting numbers and stuff. I usually take that time to eat, study, or write letters. We have a lot of fun together, and we make a lot of jokes with each other. It's pretty great.
It's really great that we have a car. It's great fun to drive up next to people who are walking on the sidewalk and invite them to come to church. Usually it doesn't yield any results, but I'm sure it will eventually if we keep doing it.
We tract a lot. At least two hours each day. It's really pretty fun, and I'm starting to get the hang of it. We ran into a lady the other day who was obviously a 'Born-Again', and she told us how we don't need to actually DO anything, as long as we accept Jesus Christ as our savior. Interesting, the ideas people get. I wonder if she reads the same Bible as we do.
Not much else to report, really. We have a baptism on Tuesday, but it's a lady who was taught and committed before I even got here. I don't think I've even met her. It's still cool though.
I've got to go now, but you all should write me letters. They're great.
Lovey-huggins,
Elder Giles