Tuesday 7 June 2011

First Mission Newsletter!

Greetings from the Empty Sea!
It's pretty great here. I don't think I've ever studied this much in my life. I've gotten so much out of it and I can feel my testimony strengthen daily as I teach our investigators and bear witness to them of the truth of the gospel and promise them happiness if they learn of its truth and live its teachings.
My Companion is pretty cool. His name is Elder Allen. He's from northwest Florida, and he has a pretty strong southern accent. He says y'all a lot, and it's amusing to hear him teach about Jesus Christ (pronounced Jezis Crawst). He's a really funny guy, and we're finally starting to work well together in our teaching.
Our district is so cool. Everyone has a strong testimony, and I love when we get a chance to talk about the scriptures and how they make our lives great. Last night was incredible. The Spirit that was felt was so strong, and I felt true joy in the gospel. The food is good, but I'm starting to get sick of it already. (sad, huh?)
I have a lot of fun with my companion and other roommates, Elder Hansen and Elder Roming. It's a good group. I've learned so much already, but I have so much more to learn.
I've gotta go now, but I love you all.
Love,
Elder Giles